cookbook inspiration.


I know I am not alone in this. I have met other sufferers.
The truth is I have a serious cookbook addiction!
I have a pile of them by my bed and dip into them for a little bedtime reading or flick through them with my morning coffee.
I love the inspiration to be found within their pages and
this Christmas I was the happy recipient of another two to add to my collection.


Simple by Diana Henry and Abundance by Alys Fowler.
Two beautiful books.
This past week, I tried out a couple of recipes from Simple.
The first a recipe for carrot houmous.



from Diana Henry Simple.


I'm a big fan of houmous. It's great for a snack or part of a meal with lots of things to dunk into it.
I found this houmous improved after several hours or even overnight when the flavours had time to mellow.


To go with the houmous Diana suggests roasted tomatoes.
Place 8 halved plum tomatoes with cut side up onto a baking tray. Mix with 2tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp harissa paste and salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1 tsp soft brown sugar before roasting at 190c for about 40 minutes until soft.


Delicious!

On another note, we were promised snow this weekend. Instead we have grey skies and rain.
Do you have snow?
If so, please send some this way. Not a lot, you understand.
Just enough to make things look pretty!



annjenny
x

Comments

  1. Mmm, that looks delicious. Great idea to add harissa paste to roasted tomatoes, I LOVE harissa, shall definitely be trying that. And yes, I do have rather more recipe books than I use on a regular basis. They're just too scrumptious. I shall try and cook one or two new things from them this year, you have inspired me! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here thankfully. Certainly looks delicious, I should be a little more adventurous I tend to stick to what I know these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment